Views
Helpful
Replies

ephone dn not working

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

This is an issue on cme. I have an ephone-dn. When it is assigned to a button, it receives calls but cannot make calls. A 'debu ephon det mac' is attached. Can some explain the debugs?

Thanks in advance.

21 Replies 21

TAC found bug CSCtc01185 recommeded upgrade to 15.1(1.16)

Thanks for the updates.

I haven't tried the upgrade yet. Unfortunately I won't know for weeks it worked since take awhile to happen.  On a side not after looking at the bug I see it lists the version my customer is running 12.4.24T3 as being fixed. 

Hi mate,

We are running 15.2 and we just got the above issue for the first time on one of the 7942 units.

Same issue " Chuan Liu" had.. I cannot delete the DN as it spits out "DN xxx has active call on interface 50/0/xxx  CH1 Cannot unconfigure"

Jecket@technologyarch.com mentented using the "clear call voice" command, please explain (what do you mean by ID) ?

Unfortunately that doesn't work for the issue on the new releases. I maintain ccme/uc500 systems across many different loads and this seems to happen on all of them from time to time. I don’t know for sure but I believe it happens if a phone is say on a call or ringing and it resets. Setting the lease time on DHCP to infinite has helped one site where I was having issues of course, I have never been able to induce the problem. I have only found 2 ways past it on newer 15+ releases.

2 options I use.

1. Since you cannot delete the “ephone-dn xx” because it is in use remove the number from it. Then create a new “ephone-dn yy” and add the number to it. Swap the DNs on the phone, end user is happy, less disruptive then a reload and a lot quicker than TAC case.
  2. Only other way I found, Reload

Hi Jeckert,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do like option 1, which I will perform tomorrow ..

However, if this happens again, we might have to look at a reload..( we have not performed a reload before and any instructions you would provide use would be appreciated)

Thanks mate.

Hi,

Has anybody found solution on this problem?

My cme router is 2901 and cme is 10.5. I am also facinf the same problem.

Regards,

Amol Wable