Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding phones with BAT

Hi everybody

I created a new file with the following format (I'm sure that all is written well):

MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,NETWORK HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE,USER HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE,LOCATION,CSS,DEVICE POOL,MEDIA RESOURCE GROUP LIST,NETWORK LOCALE,PHONE BUTTON TEMPLATE,SOFTKEY TEMPLATE,EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER MASK 1,LINE CSS 1,LINE DESCRIPTION 1,LINE NETWORK HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 1,LINE USER HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 1,ROUTE PARTITION 1

20bbc01efe21,MAD_Anl_S_DP-,2-Espera_C,2-Espera_C,MAD_Anl_S_LOC,CSS_03-Fijos-Moviles_Nacionales_MAD_A_S,MAD_Anl_S_DP,MAD_An_Se_MRGL,Spain,Standard 6921 SCCP,Standard User,91,CSS_03-Fijos-Moviles_Nacionales_MAD_A_S,PT_Us_MAD_Anl_S-,2-Espera_C,2-Espera_C,PT_Us_MAD_Anl_S

and I have the following error:

Insert Phones - Specific Details

Begin Time : 11/20/2013 17:13:53

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/6921_M.txt

Failure Details :

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20bbc01efe21 DEVICE :: Error : A character to numeric conversion process failed

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 PHONES passed.

INSERT for 1 PHONES failed.

End Time : 11/20/2013 17:13:53

The error is in the MAC ADDRESS field as you can see. I know the MAC is well written and I tried to write SEP before and I had the same error. I also try to write mac address in capital letters.

Can anybody help me?.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Did you also try a capital MAC with SEP in front?

...,SEP20BBC01EFE21,...

In general it's a good idea to first export a template under Bulk Administration and to modify that. It's less likely to do mistakes that way.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Can you please try adding the same mac address manually and update. By default whenever you use BAT you have to use SEP. If the Phone is added manually then there is something wrong in the MAC Column (or) Copy the MAC in notepad and then try in excel. Please reply.

Hello Friends,

Hello Friends,

I converted from xls file to CSV file and I upload on UCM properly. However I wrote the SEP plus MAC Address and I also I wrote all character manually, but the UCM shows the same error.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content