Views
Helpful
Replies

*ERROR* Failed m_WaveList->Init(). hr=0x80040154 with Cisco TSP

bobby
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TSP 8.6(2.2).

I am trying to install Cisco TSP on a Windows 7 32bit workstation, but I am having issues.  We are using a management program called "Connectwise".  My boss wants to be able to dial a customer within the "Connectwise" program to log calls.  Our other office has a Shortel phone system and Shortel's TSP program works fine.  I've installed Cisco TSP, configured CTI ports, configured a CTI routepoint, enabled the user for CTI, and associated the user with the CTI ports/route point.  When I try to dial a number within Connectwise, nothing happens.  Within the Cisco TSP logs these errors are logged:

16:23:36.418 HDR|05/07/2012 CiscoTSP001.tsp,Error

16:23:36.418 |   CSelsiusTSPWaveList::Init() *ERROR* Failed to get ISelsiusNTWaveCtl interface.

16:23:36.419 |   SelsiusTSP::InitializeComObjects() *ERROR* Failed m_WaveList->Init(). hr=0x80040154

17:02:12.513 |   CSelsiusTSPLink::getMessage() *ERROR* Receive() failed with error 0.

I have tried to use the Windows "Dialer" program to test as well, but receive this error:

One or more telephone device drivers are incompatible with TAPI.DLL.  Install an updated version.

I have installed Cisco TSP with both the WAVE driver and the new MEDIA driver.  I receive the same error with either driver.  I've also tried this on multiple workstations, but get the same error.

Help

13 Replies 13

LoukaKattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bobby,

Were you able to fix your problem? I have a similar problem, but I have unfortunately no clue of what it means. Is there any Cisco documentation about the error codes that we get from the TSP Client :

10:22:25.531 |   CSelsiusTSPLink::getMessage() *ERROR* Receive() failed with error 0.

Thanks a lot

Louka

I am having the same when i connect TSP client 8.5 with call manager 9.1 it gives the below error

“15:57:29.123 HDR|05/11/2014 CiscoTSP001.tsp,Error

15:57:29.123 |   CSelsiusTSPWaveList::Init() *ERROR* Failed to get ISelsiusNTWaveCtl interface.

15:57:29.123 |   SelsiusTSP::InitializeComObjects() *ERROR* Failed m_WaveList->Init(). hr=0x80040154

15:57:29.919 |   CSelsiusTSPLink::getMessage() *ERROR* Receive() failed with error 0.“

Please inform any solution.

See if appplication user helps. The AD team didn't come back and the ball got dropped in my case.

thanks,

Kapil

Why are you using an older TSP with Call Manager 9.1? Have you tried downloading the newest TAPI application from CUCM ->Application -> Plug-ins?

I was also getting the TAPI.dll not compatible error. I launched Dialer application as Administrator in Windows 7 and the error went away.

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

We're running into this as well, on multiple machines.

16:39:37.511 HDR|06/20/2012 CiscoTSP001.tsp,Error

16:39:37.511 |   CSelsiusTSPWaveList::Init() *ERROR* Failed to get ISelsiusNTWaveCtl interface.

16:39:37.511 |   SelsiusTSP::InitializeComObjects() *ERROR* Failed m_WaveList->Init(). hr=0x80040154

16:39:47.682 |   CQBEHelperBase::ProviderOpen() *ERROR* Provider open failed.  result=-1932787595

16:39:54.074 |   SendMessage() *ERROR* send() failed with error 10038.

16:39:54.074 |   CCtiInterface::ctiDisconnect() *ERROR* Could not send ProviderCloseRequest. error=

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you might be hitting this

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtw79059

Kindly check the same.

-Check the template in Call Manager if a Common Device Configuration with "IP Addressing
Mode" = IPv4 and IPv6 is applied.

-Create a new Common Device Configuration with IP Addressing Mode" = IPv4 and assign it to the CTI point used.

~~ Allow Control of Device from CTI box is checked on the phone
configuration page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

On one machine, simply running a repair install on the TSP client fixed the issue on one computer.  The problem I have in having to do that, is that this was already a brand new install.  I'm going to open a TAC case to vet the real-world compatibility of the TSP client with Windows 7 x64.

Hi,

Did we get a fix for this issue? I am experiencing same problem with Windows 7 64Bit and Windows XP.

Thanks,

Kapil

I did not.  We're having a partner build a custom JTAPI integration instead, as we have no intention of trading CUAE's server-side issues for TSP's agent-side issues.

I engaged TAC and the engineer pinpointed following error from the CTI Logs:

Login User Id:platju Reason code.:-1932787595

This is the Cisco documentation on this error code:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/8_6_1/constantfieldvalues.html

The engineer suspected LDAP server is not able to authenticate CTI based connections correctly although HTTP based connections (CCMUSER Web Page access) or JTAPI based connections (UCCX) are working fine.

We created an application user in CUCM and the Dialer.exe showed Cisco Line as expected. The engineer did assign all CTI roles (Not only Standard CTI Enabled) except Secure CTI ones. The End User didn't work no matter what we try.

As of now, I've asked the AD team to look at their side or engage Microsoft to debug it at their end. Hopefull that'll resolve the issue.

Has this worked for you in the past? The original link that you posted 5 years ago is dead, but the bug still exists. However, it doesn't mention CDC being the issue. Do you recall this?

Mike Lydick
Level 1
Level 1

Bobby,

Did you get a resolution or root cause for this issue? We have the same errors with CUCM version 9.1.2.

Mike

Regarding the problem with dialer.exe:

It looks like dialer.exe only has an initial problem with Tools->Connect using...

Run dialer.exe as administrator (click Start, type dialer.exe, right-click on the program it finds and click "run as administrator"), and then choose Tools->Connect using... to pick your originating device. That should work. 

Once you've done that, you should be able to run dialer.exe as a user without getting the One or more telephone device drivers are incompatible with TAPI.DLL error message anymore. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: