Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Pass limit

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have configured extension mobility for 300 users  and i have added 7945 phones with phone templat of 7945 in call manager.

ON 7945 phones when i lift the receiver and when try to dial i get the error pass limit on the screen and no dial tone, when i hang up the reciver it keep displaying on screen forward to.

BUT user are able to login with their user id and password and they are able to make calls, and also they can logout perfect but only i worried abt when the phone is idle without login it shows me the above errors.

I have seen many post saying increasing the max call and busy trigger but in my situation it wont work becz i have confgured extension mobility where each and every phone is without the line.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

As Clark mentioned, he doesn't have any directory number configured on logged out ip phones, so Busy trigger solution is no longer valid.

Clark. The error " Pass limit" is normal because you have no line configured on logged out ip phones so the phone has reached the maximum call value tha by default is 0 without any configured line.

Regarding to " forwarded to" message it seems to be a default state when no DN is present on the phone.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

baskaranm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the Cisco CallManager Admin page, choose Device > Phone > Maximum Number of Calls or Busy Trigger.

Reconfigure the IP phone that encountered this error message.

Increase the value of Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger on the IP phone line configuration according to the number of shared lines (or the number of calls coming on the same line).

Hi.

As Clark mentioned, he doesn't have any directory number configured on logged out ip phones, so Busy trigger solution is no longer valid.

Clark. The error " Pass limit" is normal because you have no line configured on logged out ip phones so the phone has reached the maximum call value tha by default is 0 without any configured line.

Regarding to " forwarded to" message it seems to be a default state when no DN is present on the phone.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hello,

As i mentioned above that i have configured extension mobility there no extension on line so it is not acceptng any increment of max calls or busy trigger on line without a extension.

Thanks

Thanks Carlo,

SO i shld be relaxed for this error i shld not go in deep troublshooting on this.

Hi Clark.

Yes I think you can be relaxed

HTH

Carlo

Clark,

(+5 to Carlo)

You should endeavour to rate useful/correct posts. I have observed that you dont rate people's post here...Please remeber to do so, its the live wire of the ciommunity...=

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Dear aokan,

No my dear, i never do that i always rate, i have rated you as well many times as u can go through my post, For one line

without full solution also which makes me help i rate to them also

Thanks

hi all,

Even my customer has the same issue but we are experieicing some wired beep tone whenever we have the pass error limit.

when we approach cisco experts it has been advise to have a dummy line to all cisco em enabled phone.

it was worked for quite long and it has re appeared again.

it wont be much problem if the issue is only with error, but the high beep sound annoying every ones in the office.

it is occuring to only those log out phones.

can any one give any suggestion...

Regards,

Shalid K.C

Ashish2
    Level 1
    Level 1
    Could you please help me to resolved the same issue?