Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR-UNSUPPORTED: Partitions unaligned

Khurram Tariq
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i am configuring cal manager 9.1 on cisco UCS c220 server , my vm is 2vcpu 4 gb ram and 80 gb hard disk, now when i installed CUCM it gives me folloing error ERROR-UNSUPPORTED: Partitions unaligned , i have read many blogs but did not find an appropiate solution and i also dun hav a cisco contract account for downloading OVA for this. kindly help me out on solving this issue i shall be gratefull

4 Replies 4

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I'm guessing this is a fresh install?  You have to use the Cisco OVA template upon install to correct this.  You may not see any issues with the partitions being unaligned as 8.x didn't even check.  If you see any performance issues, this may be your problem.

What exactly are aligned partitions?  When I think of disk partitions I think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning

However, the confusion I have is that people only ever seem to be talking about disk size and count, not partitions on the disks.  What am I missing Brian? 

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Khurram

Looks like hitting this bug.

Include partition alignment check in "VMware Installation" CLI & GUI
CSCug69836

Symptom:
Need to be able to readily identify if a system has been installed and deployed in a supported way on VMware with regards to disk alignment.

Modify CLI and GUI VMware information to check and include this.

Existing example string:
VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5680 @ 3.33GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM

Proposed string (aligned):
VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5680 @ 3.33GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned

Proposed string (unaligned):
VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5680 @ 3.33GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM, ERROR-UNSUPPORTED: Partitions unaligned

Conditions:
UCM installed on VMware

Workaround:
1. UC on VMWare must be deployed with Cisco provided OVA. This is the only way to ensure aligned partitions. Manually creating VM is insufficient.

Check the bug history for more details

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4228Mbytes RAM, ERROR-UNSUPPORTED: Partitions unaligned

Mine is this configuration, i have read that perfomanc issue can occue if i ignore this error , and i dont have any service contract to download OVA so what should i do here....?

yes brian this is the fresh install, even i have changed ram size and disk size but still getting the same error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: