Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error Updating Locale CIPC@CUCM 6.1.2

I can't get to update locale in an IP Communicator 2.1.4 and a Communications Manager 6.1.2 (locale installer cm-locale-es_ES-6.1.1.2000-1.cop). I get a status message saying "Error updating locale", and if I move the TFTP server to a CUCM 5.1 I can change locale, but when I come back to CUCM 6.1.2, it doesn't work. I verified the phone download OK the file "Spanish_Spain/ipc-sccp.jar", but it fails when CIPC tries to update locale. Any idea??

Thank you in advance!!

Carlos F.

• IP Telephony
2 REPLIES

Re: Error Updating Locale CIPC@CUCM 6.1.2

Hi,

I think that the IP Communicator 2.1 supports only English.

see : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps5475/prod_qas09186a00801f7ad8.html (Q. Is localization supported?)

Hope this can help,

Best,

/AN

Re: Error Updating Locale CIPC@CUCM 6.1.2

Hi Ian!

Thank you for your answer!

I have some doubts about what localization implies... I thought when it is said IPC supports only english it means menus, context menus, help and so on are in english, but I thought screen menus depends on locale and could be changed. On previous IPC versions you could choose program language before installing.

If it depends on IPC version, why I can change screen menus language through locale in CUCM 5.1? I already replaced ipc-sccp.jar in 6.1.2 with 5.1 files, and I got it working in spanish and english :) But I'm not sure it's a good workaround...

Thank you!

Carlos F.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.