Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when adding 7961 to CCM

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Getting an error when adding 7961 to CCM (See attached document

for error message). Recently added new CCM sr and new device pack. If I look under System > Device Defaults, no Phone Template options appear for 7961.

CCM 4.0(2a) sr2c

Device Pack 46.4

7 Replies 7

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

no issues in that..

first u create a phone button template for the particular phone.

device--device settings--phone button template

add the 7960 template

regards

Its not as easy as that I'm afraid. I did try to create a new phone button template prior to posting but this makes no difference. There is no default template for 7961 which is causing the issue. As mentioned previously, under device defaults the options for phone templates for 7961's are blank.

I could be wrong but don't you have to be at call manager 4.1(3)sr 1 to be able to add 7961 and 41 phones?

I've checked various compatability matrix's and it should work.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7961/relnotes/6141703.htm

There is also a default template available for the 7941 on the system.

Darren

Have you tried to download the latest 7961 firmware from CCO?

Larry

Did you reboot after adding the device pack?

A cluster wide reboot is needed if the device pack adds support for new devices to your call manager.

We loaded up the latest Device Pack and sr release for the version of CCM they're running and this is when we hit this issue.

Customer did a full cluster reboot during the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: