Views
Helpful
Replies

Error While upgrading SCCP firmware for 7945. CCM 7.1.3

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I had done an upgrade done to my call manger cluster from 7.0.3 to 7.1.3. I have all 7945 phones in my environment. All the registered phones have upgraded to the firware in the device defaults. But when i add a new phone it give me AUTH failed during the firware upgrade and then registers ? Anyone noticed this issue or have an idea on how to solve it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What version of firmware is currently installed and what version are you upgrading to?

I have seen this issue when upgrading from an older firmware to 8.5.3. If this is what you are doing, then kindly refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602

NOTE: For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware  release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(3) or greater, you  must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have  upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version  8.5(3) or later.

If this helps, please rate.

--

Harmit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What version of firmware is currently installed and what version are you upgrading to?

I have seen this issue when upgrading from an older firmware to 8.5.3. If this is what you are doing, then kindly refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602

NOTE: For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware  release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(3) or greater, you  must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have  upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version  8.5(3) or later.

If this helps, please rate.

--

Harmit.

Hi Harmsing

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is this only for the new phones. And as stated in the document they are under an earlier firware. but we have a production network, so all the registered phones are in 8.5.3 (s). I just have 2 phones to be upgaded from 8.3.2 to 8.5.3. So according to the doc i have to first upgrade to 8.5.2 for these two phones. any idea on how do this ?

Hi,

If you are looking to upgrade the firmware on just 2 ip phones from 8.3.2 to 8.5.2 and then to 8.5.3 (as per doc), in that case, kindly do the following:

++     Download the 8.5.2 firmware from cisco.com and upload it onto the CUCM servers. Filename is cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.8-5-2.cop.sgn.

++     Go to the phone configuration page of both those ip phones and specify the firmware as "SCCP45.8-5-2S" for "Phone Load Name". This would override the setting under the device defaults page.

++     At the same time, go to Device --> Device Settings --> Device Defaults. Ensure that the SCCP firmware for 7945 is 8.5.3. If not, enter the 8.5.3 firmware name in there.

++     Restart the TFTP service and that should help get the ip phones upgraded to 8.5.2.

++     Once this is done, go back to the phone configuration page and remove the phone load name. Save and reset the phones. It should now pick up the firmware settings of the device defaults page and should successfully upgrade to 8.5.3.

Let me know if you have any questions. Kindly rate this if it helps.

--

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: