cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Estimating DRS Backup Requirement CUCM 6.x

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

New versions of CUCM have a feature that allows one to estimate the size requirements of a DRS backup:

DRS >> Backup >> Manual Backup >> Estimate Size

How can I estimate the directory size requirement for a CUCM 6.x cluster with 1 Pub / 2 Subs and  with just several hundred registered devices?

Thanks,

Amir

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are too many factors, you can get estimates based on what other people have on their clusters, want to get a real estimate??

Do a backup, then, you'll have a realistic baseline to work with from your cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime / Gordon / Aman,

I was initially trying to estimate it using CLI output like:

show diskusage tftp - which generated a total of 121M in the /user/local/cm/tftp directory.

I was able to get an SFTP server up at this remote site and generated a manual backup.  It was only 375MG. 

Thank you all!

Amir

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

It's not going to need terabytes of data (Heck, CUCM only requires 80GB to install !), so just point your pub at your SFTP machine and run a backup. It won't take long and it'll instantly tell you how big your database is.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

The backup size would mainly depend on CCM DB[amount of configuration] in Publswiher and TFTP [Firmware files] of each server in cluster.

In a cluster of 1 Pub and two SUBs with 200 IP phones, tentative size would be 800MB.

regds,

aman

Hi Amir,

thanks for the rating.

regds,

aman