Views
Helpful
Replies

EVM-HD-8FXS/DID activation

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to activate the 8FXS on my Gateway ( 2921 ), can you help me with the proper step/command to be able to activate the port.

Cisco CISCO2921/K9 (revision 1.0) with 884736K/49152K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID xxxxxxxxxxx

3 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

108 Serial interfaces

4 ISDN Basic Rate interfaces

1 terminal line

4 Channelized E1/PRI ports

24 Voice FXS interfaces

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

255K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

250880K bytes of ATA System CompactFlash 0 (Read/Write)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SCCP is the easiest but only supports T38 NSE based, if you are fine with it then go with it.

SIP and H323 are the most robust and both support protocol based T38 and SG3 speeds with proper IOS version, however these are peer to peer protocols, which means you will need to configure the GW as either SIP trunk or H323 GW on CUCM and then build dial peers on the gateway, so this will not  let you build nice devices with DNs in CUCM like you do with SCCP and MGCP.  If any of the devices will need supplementary features such as hold, transfer, etc then SCCP is the only protocol that supports it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

CHris

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What protocol are you planning on using to control these?

Are these to be integrated with CUCM, CME or something else?

Chris

I will integrate with CUCM ( 8.6.2 ), I want to replace 11 ATA 187  module which I am using right now for the Fax machine.

Are you planning on using these as SCCP, MGCP, H323 or SIP?

What drives the answer is really if you need T38 protocol based support, SG3 support, any supplementary call features for analog phones.

Chris

What is the best way ( protocol ) for basic config?

SCCP is the easiest but only supports T38 NSE based, if you are fine with it then go with it.

SIP and H323 are the most robust and both support protocol based T38 and SG3 speeds with proper IOS version, however these are peer to peer protocols, which means you will need to configure the GW as either SIP trunk or H323 GW on CUCM and then build dial peers on the gateway, so this will not  let you build nice devices with DNs in CUCM like you do with SCCP and MGCP.  If any of the devices will need supplementary features such as hold, transfer, etc then SCCP is the only protocol that supports it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

CHris

I will use the SCCP protocol, do you know the steps to activate on the Gateway the ports?

Thanks a lot for help

To add to Chris's posts, you can simply type "sccp" while in conf t.  Then do a "do show sccp" and that should then show your sccp state.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

From the Gateway:

(config)#do show sccp

SCCP Admin State: DOWN

Gateway Local Interface: None

IP Precedence: 5

User Masked Codec list: None

my next question would be if your router has the following....if not, add the below

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

sccp ccm "CUCM Sub IP" identifier 1 version 7.0

sccp ccm "CUCM Pub IP" identifier 2 version 7.0

sccp

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

Then do a show sccp to see if its now in a UP state

Thanks,
Tony

So do proper config with SCCP will be????

conf terminal

sccp

sccp ccm group 1

sccp ccm 10.0.0.0 priority 1

sccp ccm 10.x.x.x priority 2

sccp switchback timeout guard 180

sccp ccm "10.0.0.0"identifier 1 version 8.6

sccp ccm "10.x.x.0"identifier 2 version 8.6

sccp ip precedence 5

sccp

en

show inventory

NAME: "CISCO2921/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: xxxxx, Hw                                                                              Revision: 1.0"

PID: CISCO2921/K9      , VID: V08 , SN: xxxxxxxxxxx

NAME: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot                                                                              0", DESCR: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"

PID: VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1  , VID: V01 ,

NAME: "4-port Wan Interface Card BRI S/T on Slot 0 SubSlot 3", DESCR: "4-port Wa                                                                             n Interface Card BRI S/T"

PID: HWIC-4B-S/T       , VID: V02 ,

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 128 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP                                                                              DIMM with 128 Channels"

PID: PVDM3-128         , VID: V01 ,

NAME: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot on Slot 1", DESCR: "Network Module Ada                                                                             pter for SM Slot"

PID: SM-NM-ADPTR       , VID: V01,

NAME: "High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID on Slot 1", DESCR: "High Density Voi                                                                             ce Module - 8FXS/DID"

PID: EVM-HD-8FXS/DID   , VID: V05 ,

NAME: "3rd generation eight port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 1                                                                              SubSlot 0", DESCR: "3rd generation eight port FXS DID voice interface daughterca                                                                             rd"

PID: EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID  , VID: V03 ,

NAME: "3rd generation eight port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 1                                                                              SubSlot 1", DESCR: "3rd generation eight port FXS DID voice interface daughterca                                                                             rd"

PID: EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID  , VID: V03 ,

NAME: "C2921/C2951 AC Power Supply", DESCR: "C2921/C2951 AC Power Supply"

PID: PWR-2921-51-AC    , VID: V03 ,

More like this...

conf terminal

sccp ccm "10.0.0.0"identifier 1 version 8.6

sccp ccm "10.x.x.0"identifier 2 version 8.6

sccp

exit

conf terminal

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

exit

Thanks,
Tony

conf terminal

(config)#sccp ccm 10.0.0.0 identifier 1 8.6 I receive ( % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. )

The CCM version is not specified. Retype and specify the version parameter. If not applicable or if to use the default, explicitly specify version 3.1.

Gabriel Ulici wrote:

conf terminal

(config)#sccp ccm 10.0.0.0 identifier 1 8.6 I receive ( % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. )

The CCM version is not specified. Retype and specify the version parameter. If not applicable or if to use the default, explicitly specify version 3.1.

Just do what CLI is telling you to do.

In this case what sould I have to do????

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: