cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 - Lost connection with control device

Daryl Clark
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my EX60 from 6.3.1 to 7.1.1 I now receive "Lost connection with control device" and the touch control panel sits in a spinning loop.

I also reveive the following within the web management interface on the EX60:

ERROR: Touch panel connection

No touch panel detected when indicators forced

If I downgrade back to 6.3.1 it works again. I have already rebooted and factory reset the entire unit and also disconnected and reconnected the touch panel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried a factory reset of the touch by holding the "!" symbol for 10-15 seconds seconds until it lights up and then pressing "mute" button twice.

Video posted at the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/11930611/resetting-cisco-telepresence-touch-8-factory-defaults

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried a factory reset of the touch by holding the "!" symbol for 10-15 seconds seconds until it lights up and then pressing "mute" button twice.

Video posted at the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/11930611/resetting-cisco-telepresence-touch-8-factory-defaults

HTH

Manish

Thank you, that resolved the issue.

I'm having the same error message on an SX80 with no touch panel

We use a Crestron controller so we will never connect a Cisco touch panel...  we just want the error message to go away in the diagnostics/troubleshooting web page.

ERROR: Touch panel connection
No touch panel detected when indicators forced

Asher Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manish,

I know this is a old question, hope you are able to see this.

I'm having the same error message on an MX200.

I tried a factory reset on our touch panel, it did reboot but stuck at the logo page.

Is there anything else I can do to further t-shoot?

The software version is TC7.3.2

Thanks,

Asher

Hi Asher,

if the factory reset does not help then you may try downgrading the firmware. If the issue persists you may contact TAC if the device is covered under a contract.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: