cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Unified Messaging (not Unity) with CUCM

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry if this has been discussed, but my search only brought up Unity unified messaging posts.

I currently have unity 5.0 voicemail only.

We recently moved to Exchange 2007, and are licensed for the new "Unified Messaging" feature in Exchange. I am looking at doing away with Unity for voicemail (keeping it for call handlers), and using the Exchange as our UM.

Does anyone have any documentation or knowledge on where to begin?

Thnaks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've found my documentation for Call Manager 5.0. It works for 6.1 as it is what I used for my installation. Keep in mind it only includes the UCM configuration steps - you will have to figure out Exchange on your own but its not hard. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Document is attached.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

What version of call manager do you have?

Will upgrade if needed.

I don't have any documentation handy, but I can tell you that it is not hard. You have to setup a SIP trunk with the Exchange Server then create a dial plan in Exchange and associate it to your UM Gateway (CUCM).

Keep in mind, Exchange 2007 does not offer any MWI functionality so you will have to resort to a 3rd party application to do that. One that I've found and works quite well is MWI2007.

I've found my documentation for Call Manager 5.0. It works for 6.1 as it is what I used for my installation. Keep in mind it only includes the UCM configuration steps - you will have to figure out Exchange on your own but its not hard. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Document is attached.

Thank you very much. Looks basic on the CUCM side.

Well, I am getting close, but still have a few issues.

1. When a user with the vm profile for UM hits their message button on their phone, they get the UM auto attendant instead of getting their personal mailbox options.

2. If I call into the UM Pilot, then select and extension, it will not dial that extension.

3. I can call an extension equiped with UM and leave them a message, and they can retrieve that message.

THANKS!!

can you attach screenshots of your sip trunk and pilot configurations?

Here you go.

I am leaning towards a config issue on the dial plan in the UM side of things, but not sure. Thanks again for your assistance.

ignore last post. on my mobile right now. ill take a look at it when I get back to computer.

can you attach screenshots of your sip trunk and pilot configurations?

I think I may have figured this out with the help of a Microsoft forum.

It seems as though there is a bug relating to call forwarding on SIP trunks.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl15554

I have two clusters....one is 6.1.1 and one is 6.2. I was able to get full integration on 6.2 but not 6.1.1.

Thanks for your help.

Ah, yeah sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. Client had an emergency I had to go on-site for. Glad you figured it out. My previous deployment was a single cluster running 6.1.3.

Maybe try upgrading your other cluster to 6.1.3 or later and see what happens.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: