cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Executives in Multiple offices

ftikphillips
Level 1
Level 1

I have several instances where executives and support staff have dedicated offices in multiple sites, at each site they have their own number and phone config independant of each other. I would like to get to a point where the phone config is available to the user no matter the site.

Since the users are executives I don't really want Extension Mobility as the phones aren't shared with other users. These are their own dedicated offices at each location with the same phones and side cars so physically is the same configuration.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure if I follow:

"where the phone config is available to the user no matter the site"

do you want the executives to be able to configure their phone? If so what type of configuration are you talking about?

Please elaborate on your exact requirements.

Chris

I want their extension, phone button config, soft button config available at any of the the phones that they have in any of their offices.

Currently they have an extension and DID for each office, I want to assign them one main extension and DID and have the other two roll into that number.

Additionally they should have the same phone button config and soft button config wherever they are. Currently if I make a change to one device as site 1, I have to make the identical change at the other sites for those devices.

What I am looking to do is give them the same configuration no matter the phone they are at.

Why not give them a single number and then if they still need other DIDs from other sites simply create those as translation patterns and point to this extension.

I am still confused what prevents you from configuring each phone to be identical?

You can have the same extension on multiple phones (shared line), also by using the same phone button template,and the same softkey template you can have them look and feel the same.

Am I missing something here?

Chris

No not missing anything... I just didn't know that you could do that, and if that was the best way to accomplish the task.

All I wanted to do was have the same config on multiple phones.

Got it. Absolutely, configure each phone to have the same DN as stated above. This will accomplish exactly what you are looking for.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

How do you configure all other phones to have the same exact Button Items line appearcances, speed dials, BLF's, etc.?

Assign the same phone button template and then you'll have the options to assign speed dials, BLFs, etc.

Chris

That is the template. But if phone 1 has a DN of 1234 and speed dials and BLF set up for 2345, 3456, etc. How do I copy that to phone 2? I know I can do a super copy to copy it initially, but if phone 1 adds another speed dial or BLF later for 4567 I phone 2 to get the same config. The issue is these people are going to have anywhere from 4-8 phones, internal and external to the company. I don't want to manage 4-8 different button configurations. They all should have the same set up for speed dials, blf's etc, and if the master changes they all should get the change.

There is no way to dynamically have the phones to reconfigure, you will need to change the config on all phones when you change one.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: