Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Expansion module 7916 is showing cisco logo in the dispaly and orange light in the buttons

Dear All,

i am using CUCM 9.1 version, i deployed Cisco IP phone 7945 it is working fine

but the issue is i have Cisco IP Phone 7916-24 expansion module, when i connect to my IP Phone 7945 using AUX cable and AUX port it is shoing orang light and in the screen it's showing cisco logo

i created a phone button template and assing to 7945 phone

phone button template procedure

device - device setting - phone button template add new cisco ip phone 7945 with 7916 - copy and given a new name like expansion modeul for 7945 and i assign to 7945 phone

i done a factory reset of the ip phone, i thought expansion module will work but still it's was showing orang light and cisco logo on the display in the expansion module

i have downlod the latest version of 7916 expansion module from cisco site and install in the CUCM

cucm os administration page - install and upgrade - using sftp i istall in the CUCM

after that again i have done the factory reset of the phone in which expanison moduel has been connected

but still it showing orange light and cisco logo in the expansion module

can some body help me how to resolve this issue

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Expansion module 7916 is showing cisco logo in the dispaly and o

Side cars are not compatible with 794X phones, you will need 796X.

HTH,

Chris

VIP Purple

Hi Lalesh ,

these modules are not suppported with 794X.

you need to have 7962 and 7975.

regds,

aman

Cisco Employee

Hi Lalesh,

Here is the link which supports what Aman and Chris are saying

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/7_0/english/administration/guide/7965ins.html

Please check the Note under "Attaching a Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module"

HTH

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content