cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export tar files from Callmanager

rbill1967
Level 1
Level 1

In short we already have a job schedule to export tar files from the Callmanager to another area for backup.  It seems the service was down for a couple of months so files were missed.  How can I retrieve those files from the server.  What method can I use to get those files off from the server.

SSH (Secure CRT), WS_FTP Pro or however?  Please let me know.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The service has been in error for a while, so the first thing I'd do is login to the server via the CLI and issue the following command to see what files exist:  utils disaster_recovery show_backupfiles

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to need to verify if any files are saved locally and the path they are saved to via CLI and then you can use an SFTP client such as Putty SFTP (PSFTP) to initiate a session and download the files from the CUCM server.

Note: Since the backups failed and they are configured to write to network or tape drive, it is unlikely there are any files to recover locally from the CUCM.

Hailey

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The service has been in error for a while, so the first thing I'd do is login to the server via the CLI and issue the following command to see what files exist:  utils disaster_recovery show_backupfiles

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to need to verify if any files are saved locally and the path they are saved to via CLI and then you can use an SFTP client such as Putty SFTP (PSFTP) to initiate a session and download the files from the CUCM server.

Note: Since the backups failed and they are configured to write to network or tape drive, it is unlikely there are any files to recover locally from the CUCM.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: