Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Exporting Configuration from Callmanager Version 6.x and Importing to CUCM version 10 (Partition & CSS)

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to export configuration from CUCM version 6 and import to CUCM version 10.

In particular I am trying to import Partition & CSS.

I tried export import from CUCM 6.x to 10.x but it not accepting the .tar file. Does any one knows a work around for this ?

Regards

Bejoy Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

BAT import/export might work

BAT import/export might work between minor releases only, but certainly not between major releases when new settings and parameters are added.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Nothing to be surprised here,

Nothing to be surprised here, you need the EXACT same version from which you took the backup in order to restore it.

I can't recall if 6.x had the BAT import/export, if it has it, it's your best option, if not, then you don't have an option to bulk export that info. Even with the export option, it might require some adjustments to be accepted in 10.x, you'll have to try it.

You could probably try sql to dump the info and then use it to create them again.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Hi Jaime,Thanks for your

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was trying BAT export/import, not DRS back up. Even in Export/Import CUCM 10 is not accepting it as it is. As you suggested I may have to make some adjustments to get it accepted.

Regards

Bejoy Thomas

Cisco Employee

BAT import/export might work

BAT import/export might work between minor releases only, but certainly not between major releases when new settings and parameters are added.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content