I am having problem in configuring the extension mobility. I have CCM 4.2. I did the following steps.
1. phone 7940 already add and working fine.
2. I have a user, and in ext mobility tab associate the user with user device profile and assign DN.
3. In ext.mobility tab, Enable Authentication Proxy Rights is checked.
4. I made device default profile for 7940.
5. But on user device profile setting, i m not able to subcribe the user for extension mobility services. drop down menu is showing no available service.
6. extension mobility service is up and activated.
7. On phone setting, I have enable the ext.mobility feature.
Phone buttion template is standard 7940.
dont know what i m missing, Please help me out.
Go to Solution.
Did you use the hostname of your Publisher or IP address of the publisher.
Check the Services URL in the following
Scroll down to Phone Url Parameters.
Check your Service URL and make sure its pointing to the IP address and not the host name of your publisher..Example is shown below
you need to create the phone service for extension mobility.
To configure the service go to
CCMadmin>>feature>>Cisco IP phone service>>click add a new service
On the service name enter :Login, on service dscription you can use Login Phone or anything you like
On service url..enter the foollwoing:
where x.x.x.x= ip address of your publisher
Secondly you need to configure the logout service..
Repeat the steps for the login but change the following:
Service name: Logout, service description: Logout Phone or anything you want
Service URL: enter the following
where x.x.x.x=ip add of Publisher.
Next subscribe the phone to the login service and the User Device Profiles to the log out service...
I tried this now at least i m able to subscribe the phone with the extension mobility services, but ext mobility is still not working.
when reset the phone and press the services button, after few seconds it gave me error host not found.
This is a DNS issue. Go to Enterprise Parameter and change the Service URL to an IP Address instead of a hostname.