Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Extension & Device Mobility for Cisco users in India

Hi ,

As you know this feature is mostly blocked in India because of the possibility that these features could bypass the PSTN when placing calls.

On web browsing, I could locate some case study (as attached) on allowing Extension Mobility for India Users thru Logical partitioning.

What I understand,

• With Logical Partitioning we can use this feature.
  • When Employee logs in to the phone the Cisco UCM applies the user’s profile (which defines phone number, speed dials, & other features) to that phone.
  • On-net Calls will get routed in same manner
  • But there is still limitation with Off net calling . When employee is at another site CUCM cannot route off-net calls through their home gateway, it must use local gateway instead.
  • To solve this issue, Off-net calls from Extension Mobility are routed through a receptionist in order to help ensure correct PSTN routing.
  • When logged in from Home. With the Device Mobility , Cisco CUCM checks the IP address of the phone to identify its Cisco Office VPN Subnet. It will identify & allow On-net calls but block Off-net calls.

Do you see any further amendment in this

I am more concern on how we can allow PSTN calling through local gateway & not Home Gateway without intervention of a receptionist.

Appreciate your views on this & if it is implemented in anywhere in India.

Rgds, Reha

• IP Telephony
Views
Helpful
Replies