Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility - Choose device profile based on physical location

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Is it possible to associate more than one device profile to a user and so that when user logs from a phone in network x.x.x.x it uses automatically profileA and when user logs from a phone in network y.y.y.y it uses automatically profileB?

Thanks!

met

3 Replies 3

you can create multiple profiles for a single user, however the system won't automatically select the proper profile based on the physical location

what you could do though. you can implement the device-line approach configuration which will resolve this issue. and local route groups

with device line aproach on the CSS assign to the phone you will allow un restricted dialing, local to the site, however on the CSS assigned to the line you will do the Calls of Restriction by blocking the calls that you don't want the user to dial

so when the user roams from site to site, the CSS assigned to the phone will allow the teleworker to use the local resouces, and the CSS assigned to the profile will prevent the user from dialing that are restricted for the user

does that make sense?

Depending on what you need you might look into device mobility

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for your info my friends but that situation is not possible. I need to use Extension  Mobility (not Device Mobility) since this is the situation:

- logged out phones in SiteA;

- logged out phones in SiteB;

- 1 login per user;

If user logs in SiteA it inherits features to use in SiteA like a Calling Party Specific Number;

If user logs in SiteB it inherits other features to use in SiteB like a Calling Party Specific Number;

Can you understand me?

Thank you!

Warm regards,

met

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: