Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - Dx650

Nick.Britt_2
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Recently registered 2 x DX650's with a CUCM 7.1.5 cluster added support with device pack 7.1(5) (35118-3). I have subscribed both handsets with the service and also enabled multi user support under the product specific layout. I can see the extension mobility option under Settings > Personal  I am not prompted for any details.

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Hi Nick,

Did you follow these instructions:https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35904

From another forum: :

Extension Mobility (EM) on the DX650 has to be turned on in one additional place on the device by setting "Multi-User: Enabled". This will cause the login option to appear on the phone. This is supposed to be changed in later releases. Once Multi-User has been enabled you can access EM from Settings > Personal > Extension Mobility or from the lock screen "Sign in as New User". "

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Yes as described I have enabled multi user support under the product specific layout.

Hi Nick,

It seems that you are hitting the bug

CSCui91373

Symptom:
After following the Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Series Administration Guide, Release 10.0(1) has a section about how to "Configure Cisco Extension Mobility", extension mobility does not work on the DX650.
Conditions:
The document does not state that the Device > Phone setting "Multi-User" has to be set to enabled for extension mobility in addition to the documented steps on the DX650 at this time.
Workaround:
Also enable "Multi-User" from the Device > Phone page to enable extension mobility on the DX650.

even though u have done the workaround, can u try upgrading the phone firmware to 10.0(2.32)

regds,

aman

Upgraded to 10.0(2.32) the EM option is now removed completely.

Tried this on two devices, similar issue.

Hi Nick,

Suggest opening tac case and update us.

regds,

aman

After a factory reset on both devices (Personal > Backup & Reset > Factory Data reset) this appears to have resolved the issue.

Cisco also suggested adding the EM URL to Multi User URL but this does not appears to be necessary.

H Nick,

thanks for update.

regds,

aman

I think this is a proxy issue, it appears that it is not ignoring the bypass proxy fields.

It may be related to the below open caveat which I cannot find any more information for.

CSCue36638       Proxy bypass not working if http:// not specified in Browser's URL field

EM URL http://:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: