cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Error

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customers is having a strange issue with EM. When anyone tries to use EM, they get an error on the phone saying [11]-Device does not exist. The user has an EM profile, the service is configured and the device they are trying to log into is EM enabled. This was working when the phones were installed. I tried testing this with one of the profiles and an IP communicator that is set up for EM and I got the same error.

Any ideas why? I looked up the error and all I saw was a vague description in the developers guide. This is a 6.1(2) system.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you tried resetting Tomcat and EM services?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The error suggest that the device profile does not exist within the database, therefore can you verfiy through RTMT or CLI the database replication status?

Another aspect to investigate, would be to verify through Serviceability that all the key network features which have been activated are running on each CUCM in the cluster.

Under Platform Service verify that the Cisco Tomact service is running?

Under DB Services verfiy that the Cisco Database Layer Monitor in running?

Under CM Services verify that the Extension Mobility Application is running?

Incidentally verify that the TFTP service is running where activatied.

I suspect that this maybe a Database related problem and not service related. Please post your finding, and we can progress from there.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: