Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility in mode Failover

omar_youn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed CUCM version 7.1.3 (2 servers : Publisher and Subscriber).

To configure the service of Extension Mobility, it's recommended to enter the @ IP of the Call Manager (not Host name) in URL of the service; I tried to enter the name, that I created it in my DNS server and that  refer in the two server (PUB and SUB); but the message "Host not exist" sisplay in the screen of the IP phone.

I want to know if there is any methode to configure Extension Mobility in mode failover: if the primary server down the service work with the secondary server.

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Omar YUNSI

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Yes, it's possible.

1) You need to be running CCM6 or newer

2) You need to enable the Extension Mobility service on at least two servers

3) You need to set both the Services URL (in Enterprise Params) and Extension Mobility URL(on the IP Phone Service config page) to either a hostname (which resolves in DNS to both addresses; i.e. you have added two A records to DNS) or to the address of a properly configured load balancer.

4) If using DNS, ensure that the phones are issues DNS servers, and that you can resolve the hostname against those DNS servers.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What you have tried should work...

Do you mean that you got 'host not found' when both servers were up? Or when the publisher was down?

If it happens when servers are up, then your phones may not be able to resolve the name via DNS (do you have DNS servers assigned to the phones?)

If it happens when the pub is down, do you have EM enabled on the subscriber?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your quick answer,

I want to know, if I can configure Extension Mobility in mode failover: if the primary node goes down the service Extension Mobility continu working with secondary node?

if it's possible, do you have any idea to do it?

thanks a lot,

best reagrds,

Omar YUNSI

Hi

Yes, it's possible.

1) You need to be running CCM6 or newer

2) You need to enable the Extension Mobility service on at least two servers

3) You need to set both the Services URL (in Enterprise Params) and Extension Mobility URL(on the IP Phone Service config page) to either a hostname (which resolves in DNS to both addresses; i.e. you have added two A records to DNS) or to the address of a properly configured load balancer.

4) If using DNS, ensure that the phones are issues DNS servers, and that you can resolve the hostname against those DNS servers.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your answer, and I am sorry for the delay.

implementing DNS failover worked, however, when the PUBLISHER goes down, IP Phones take very considerable time to display the login page.

is there any specific procedure to make EM work more quickly when one of nodes goes down?

thx in advance,

best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: