cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Issue

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

On the 7961 IP phone, Login & Logout Extension mobility displays after pressing the services button. But when I press either option, it displays ?Host not found?.

Hi,

I tried configuring Extension Mobility on Callmanager 5.0 on 7961 & 7940 IP phones.

On the 7961 IP phone, Login & Logout Extension mobility displays after pressing the services button. But when I press either option, it displays ?Host not found?.

On the 7961 IP phone, Login & Logout Extension mobility displays after pressing the services button. But when I press either option and select, it does not respond.

Please can someone help in fixing the prolem?

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I am almost sure you are facing a DNS problem here.

The EM application URL's use backreferences to the CCM server, and even if you configured the services to use IP addresses, the EM will use what it sees in the CallManager server configuration (hostname, FQDN).

If I were you I would try to sniff the TCP traffic on the phone and see what it is trying to use to connect to using HTTP.

G.

Hi netbakter,

Thanks for your response, but I dn't think it's a DNS problem. Nevertheless, if I was to sniff the TCP traffic on the phone and see what its trying to use to connect to using HTTP, how do I go about the process of acheiving this. I'll appreciate your response. Thank you.

Hi there,

actually, are you able to open the EM URL in a browser (the same way as it is configured on the CallManager)?

If you want to set up sniffing, you may want to set up a monitor session on the switch where the phone is connected to and span the traffic to a dedicated switch port where you could intercept it. Watch for the traffic between the phone's IP address and the server's one.

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

make sure ur extension mobility service URL is correct sometimes there is a space between letters in the URL which causes like ur problem

hth

/majdi

Thanks for you response. I have checked the EM service URL and confirmed it's correct, but it's still the same case. Could there be any other way to rectify this issue?

try to reset Extension Mobility service.

Reset the TOMCAT Service too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: