cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility issues in different countries withsingle cluster

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`m trying to locate a good doc showing EM issues when logging into sites in different countries on the  same central CCM. All docs point to device mobility but I'm trying to locate a doc for EM only - users logging on to a device in Country A and then working in Country B.

example only

Option A Country A - own office

To dial client 1 95551234

To dial Client 2  912122221234

User temporary moves to Country B remote office

To dial client 1 still dial 95551234

to dial client 2 still dial 912122221234 

Local calls would need to be dialled as if they were back in their own office i.e internationally

Keeping the dial patterns as if they were still in Country A and remove LRG from Country B devices so calls are routed across the network back to country A

or force them to dial as if they were a native of Country B i.e Internationally

Option B

All devices follow LRG set up

Client 1 000133355551234

Client 2 00012122221234 

Local calls would follow local dialling patterns 001xxxx

Obviously we can configure it for PSTN break-out, TEHO

I`m of the opinion we should follow option B ,

My thinking is that when a user moves, logs into Country B then they should follow Country B PSTN access code etc as if they were based in Country B rather then allow them to continue dialling as if they were in Country A.

any thoughts

thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may or may not have any impact as it comes down to your configuration of the phones, for example are you using Local Route Groups for dialing, are you using device/line approach for CSSes, etc?

Chris

chris

I would use device, Line on all devices with LRGon DP`s  however the design is that  all users let Line CSS decide the  call barring but for DP`s in  Country A use LRG but no LRG for all other countries

remember with EM the device settings remain the same, but line settings get over written with the DN of the device profile, so call routing or call restrictions can be broken with EM. If you rely on Local Route group routing that will remain the same as the phone, so if user from country A logs onto phone at country B all outbound calls will go out of country B as device pool applied to the phone drives it.  If you simply use CSS on the DN to select routes than the route would carry with the user.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: