Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Extension mobility not working after upgrading to 8.0(3)

Hi,

i have a CUCM cluster with version 7.1.3 and i have extension mobility running for most of the users. After i upgrade to version 8.0(3) the extension mobility is only working on IP communicator while not working on physical phones (9971, 7975) when pressing on the services button iam receiving "Host not found" error.

note that i followed the release note for 8.0(3) where i disabled the extension mobility service, upgrade the whole cluster, restart the publisher with new version then restart the subscriber servers. After all servers are up with new version i enabled extension mobility again.

any ideas to solve this issue

regards,

Ibrahim

4 REPLIES

Re: Extension mobility not working after upgrading to 8.0(3)

Open the enterprise parameters and verify that the various URL's are correct.  Normally, these should have the IP address (and not the name, which is the default) of the publisher server.  If they have the name, it should be a fully qualified DNS name, and the phones will have to receive DNS servers settings along with all other DHCP settings to resolve these.

Also, open the phone services and drill down to the extension mobility service you have set up.  Verify the same thing for the Extension Mobility service. 

Cliff    

New Member

Re: Extension mobility not working after upgrading to 8.0(3)

Hi,

i was having the URL with IP addrees of the Publisher before the upgrade and it is the same after the upgrade. i will will check the EM on the phones that are giving host no found. Maybe i have to erase the configuration and make it again.

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

VIP Super Bronze

Re: Extension mobility not working after upgrading to 8.0(3)

UCM 8.0 introduced HTTPS support for phone services including Extension Mobility. If there is a value in the Secure Services URL on the Enterprise Parameters configuration page the phone will use that instead of the non-secure value. The first thing you can try is to clear the secure values out (after making note what they were set to). Apply the config and reset the phone to see if that makes a difference.

If it does, that means something is wrong with your Trusted Verification Service (TVS) configuration. This is supposed to validate certificates on behalf of the phone since it is far easier to manage a centralized trust list. By default the tomcat certificate should be trusted; however, a screenshot of your certificate management page would be helpful if you get this far.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
New Member

Re: Extension mobility not working after upgrading to 8.0(3)

Hi All,

the problem is solved now. I restarted the TFTP service the EM is working perfectly.

thanks anyway for the support

regards,

Ibrahim

560
Views
3
Helpful
4
Replies