Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility on subscriber

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I migrated from CUCM 6.X to 9.1, Migration was successful with successful database restore, I changed the IP and Hostname of the server and server reboot automatically successfully, when the server came up i saw the extension moblitiy service and i changed from old ip address to the new ip add of the CUCM also i upadated the subscription in the phones service window which took a long time but updated successfully, 

I am able to see the service on phone on pressing the service button when publisher is up and i am able to login also but when i shut the publisher and switchover to subscriber and  when i press the service button the phone keeps on requesting the service and nothing happens...... I restarted the EM service,also updated the subscription on the subscriber but no results.

Is it the database replication issue??? or something else

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Samuel,

Sounds like the service url and the em url is still pointing to the publisher..

You need to make both your Service URL and Em service URL redundant..

1) Configure a dns record name with the ip addresses of my publisher and subscriber servers

2) Change all the enterprise parameters that had the url pointing to the ip address of the publisher with the dns record name

3) Change the EM service url that was pointing to the ip address of the publisher with the dns record name

4) reboot all your phones in order to update the service url

5) Test again

Please refer ot this thread for more details

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11697436/extension-mobility-redundancy-issue

Please rate all useful posts

Dear,

Yes the service is pointing to the publisher ip, 

• Well the link is very good to explain,but i have a doubt , the link you provided is saying DNS record name, dNs record name means you are saying me to add a FQDN for the publisher for ex ( cucm-pub@abc.com) with 2 Ip address of (pub+sub).

• If i create a redundant services one pointing to publisher and the other pointing to subscriber, it will work??? is it the best practice of configuring in such a way.

Thanks

The DNS record name doesnt have to be the name of the publisher, it has to be the name for both the service url and the extension mobility service url...

You can either use DNS or use IOS SLB (load balancers) You can refer to the SRND for more details on how to do this..

Please rate all useful posts

Dear,

what are these DNS record name are they called as "A" record,??

So what i understand is that in DNS record i shld add  any name for example abc with the ip add of publisher and the subscriber. and that name should be reflected in em service url.

http://abc:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: