Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility with the same directory number

moabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

We have extension mobility for employees and the customer wants to login and

logout with the same directory number so we change the partitoin and CSS of line

to be Logout_PT and internal_CSS and for the user device profile to be User_PT

and International_CSS.

in the both CSS's we add the User_PT and Logout_PT.

The problem:

when the employee login he couldn't call the logout employee.

How can we solve this problem ?

regards

Mohamed

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Configuration Guidelines

To avoid problems with deploying Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility, be sure to follow these configuration guidelines:

Configure a Device Profile Default for each Cisco IP Phone Model in a cluster that you want to support Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility. If you want to enable all phones within a Cisco CallManager cluster for Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility, do not allow the users to control these phones.

In this scenario, when users go to their Cisco CallManager User Options window to change their services, they must choose "Device Profiles" from the "Select a device to configure" drop-down list box. They cannot control an individual phone nor modify the settings for an individual phone.

As administrator, you can change the services for a phone by using Cisco CallManager Administration. After making the changes, if you update on the main window (not the popup menu), you must reset the phone for the changes to take effect. This action ensures that the new snapshot gets stored as the logout profile.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ed113.html

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not just make them shared line appreances? This way 2 phones will ring at the same time.

Chris

On one instalation that i deply for a customer i configure the line for the device profile with the same line of the phone but in two diferent partitions, but i had a problem that i was not able to call to a phone tat was not log/in, to solve the problem I put a cfna on the line of the device profile pointing to the same dn of the device profile but with the ccs of the cfna containing only the partition of the phone line, tis way when some call a gay that is not login the line of the phone will ring.

Hope it helps