Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobilty after upgrade

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dear,

I was running 6.1 and i migrated to 9.1 successfully with no issues, i have 2 questions, i have tried that but i want experts confirmation.

the service of EM has been changed  automaticaaly as per the below.but the users are able to login should i changed to previous 6.1 URL or i shld keep the new URL. I hope these extra (#&EMCC=#EMCC#) are for EM cross cluster.

from.

http://10.1.1.1:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

To

http://10.1.1.1:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&EMCC=#EMCC#

2 Question:

I am increasing the CUCM till 3 nos in each group, so i plan to have a redundant EM service i created service for subscriber in HO and it is working fine, i will create one more EM service  for 2nd subscriber which will be in DR incase HO PUB and SUB fails all phone shld register to DR and they shld sble to login.

I have read many threads of EM service and the best design is to have a load balancer but unfortunately i dont have so i m planning to go with 3 No's of EM service.Is it will create a problem in the future for this type of setup

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Either one will work, I would stick with the new URL

2. So, every phone will have 3 seperate EM services listed? Nothing wrong with it, but might be confusing to users. Load balancer is the way to go here.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Either one will work, I would stick with the new URL

2. So, every phone will have 3 seperate EM services listed? Nothing wrong with it, but might be confusing to users. Load balancer is the way to go here.

Chris

Dear Chris,

+5 for you for confirming,

In 9.1  the DHCP on cucm pub and sub are they in sync ??and are they active active ?? suppose on switch pointing a 2 no's helper address to cucm pub and sub, is it a good design.

thanks

I have never used DHCP on CUCM and would never recommand it to anyone, leave DHCP to dedicated MSFT server to Cisco router/switch. If you insist on using DHCP on CUCM, I belive there is a section on it in CUCM SRND that should provide you the answer.

Chris

Dear Chris,

1. Assume if i have only one service and If in the Enterprise parameters in the phone URL parameters i am pointing URL to subscriber addresses and in the EM phone service i am pointing to publisher ip address, the EM service will hit to subscriber or publisher.???
  2. Though the publisher is up can we point the EM service to subscriber, user will be able to login.

Thanks

1. The enterprise parameter URL is just a link to the services page, the actual link to EM service is driven by what you defined the service as

2. you can point EM service to whatever server is running the EM service

Chris

I will just add a few cents to what Chris has said..You can use DNS if you dont have a load balancer..The performance is not that bad given that DNS uses round robin algorithm..

You need to both services to be redundant:

1. EM service

2. Service directory URL.

To use DNS do the ff:

1) Configure a dns alias record for the hostname of publisher and subscriber servers

2) Change all the enterprise parameters that had the url pointing to the ip address of the publisher with the dns record name

3) Change the EM service url that was pointing to the ip address of the publisher with the dns record name

4) verify that the services url had the name instead of the ip address (you will have to manually reboot all your phones in order to update that)

5) Perform your HA test

Please rate all useful posts

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/cmapps.html#wp1189079