Hello,

below Scenario

phone   extension  partitions CSS

7942         555         Internal    landline

UDP 7942   555      UDP         GSM

CSS configured

Internal

GSM

When a user is not login on his 7942 deskphone and he login another deskphone (7945) , internal/external call are not coming to the phone where he is logged in it goes to his 7942 phone where he is not login,

so wht shld be done so that  a user where he has logged in he shld receive calls.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, it can't, but you can forward call to 555 (deskphone) from UDP's extension instead of sending calls to VM for that you need to create a new CSS and assign the "internal" partition to it and assign this CSS at 555 (UDP) forward's setting.

Suresh

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The simple logic for incoming call is; device profile should have the partition which is assigned to the CSS of caller's phone device profile or gateway device.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

, when the user login in his deskphone the phone rings but incase if he login in another deskphone it doesn't rings there.

OK lets elaborate

Internal corporate caller without login in his phone with internal partition calls 555 the call will hit to internal partition of 555 or it will hit to UDP partition 555.

thanks

Dear,

You cant give same extension to two devices with same partition.

Have you set the same extension number to 1st desktop phone (where incoming working) and to UDP ?  if yes please remove the extension/line from 1st desktop phone and then login into another deskphone using EM and then check.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

same ext with different partitions, I have given table as per my first post.

Yes I have done exactly what you have mentioned in your reply  that's the reason there is confusion I cannot remove  it has been asked by the client same extension 555 in internal parttion and also in UDP partition.

phone       extension  partitions CSS

7942           555         Internal    landline

UDP-7942   555           UDP         GSM

Okay, then move the partition "UDP" on top in CSS of caller's phone and then test.

Suresh

Dear

yes I have done moving the partition before and it is hitting to UDP partition, but now when the user is unregistered (,means not logged in) and the callers are reaching to the VM of the user,

In My country VM nobody likes once it goes in VM the caller drops the call without leaving the message.

so is there any solution such as that the callers  call can reach to internal and UDP partitions both at the same time.

No, it can't, but you can forward call to 555 (deskphone) from UDP's extension instead of sending calls to VM for that you need to create a new CSS and assign the "internal" partition to it and assign this CSS at 555 (UDP) forward's setting.

Suresh

Dear suresh,

thanks for the reply,i have rated you,

Pls answer below

If  suppose i don't move the UDP partition above internal partition in CSS  and if the user is logged in in his own deskphone, the callers can't  reach him until and unless i make forward settings to UDP partition when unregistered on the Internal partition line of the phone ext 555.

why that so.

thanks

Thanks for rating dear !!!

Do you mean that, when you un-check all forwards settings at deskphone' extension then call doesn't reach UDP extension ?

1 Advice; You should always keep deskphone extension and UDP extension different, keeping same extension actually it overlapping the dial plan and it leads to a lots of problems and confusions like where from user listen voice mail message and where they will go, MWI, one which are discussing etc..

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

YES, when unregistered setting on the phone line specifies the UDP partition then only the phone rings in the UDP partition where the user is logged in.

I know this is not best practice, but it is 6 yrs back setup so i don't have any option instead of managing.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: