cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension not ringing in hunt group

computer
Level 1
Level 1

Callmanager 8 environment (2 subs, 1 pub). There are four extensions in a hunt group and one of them stopped ringing today when you dial the hunt pilot. No recent changes to CUCM were made prior to this occurring.

I have tried the following:

1) Removed the extension from line group, reset hunt list, added it back to the hunt list and reset hunt list again.

2) Had the user unplug his phone and plug it back in to force a restart.

3) Remote-reset the phone from CUCM
4) Deleted the hunt pilot, list, and line group and rebuilt them then reset the hunt list

5) Deleted the phone from CUCM and reprogrammed it then reset the hunt list

6) Replaced the phone with a brand new phone and reset the hunt list

I can direct dial the phone extension and if someone forwards their phone to this extension it rings as well. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

18 Replies 18

Hi Matt,

please check whether the particular phone displays 'Logged out of Hunt Group' message on the screen?

change the hunting algorithm to Broadcast and see if it is ringing all the phones including the faulty one?

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

The hunt group was already configured for "Broadcast" and was set for "Broadcast" when I rebuilt them. It is not displaying "logged out of hunt group" on the phone.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt.

Your Cucm version please?

Thanks

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello Matt,

Can you please try changing the Distribution Algorithm and change it to some other method like circular, longest idle etc.. and check this phone rings or not?

Question: The extn which is not ringing is not a used a shared line ?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

After running Route Plan Report on the problem extension we found an Line instance that was not associated with the phone. We deleted this Line instance and reset the hunt list but it still doesn't work. We're trying a server reboot tonight and we'll know tomorrow if it worked.

Nadeem,

I haven't tried that yet since the other suggestions seemed to be more applicable to this problem. None of the extensions in the line groups are shared lines. Each of the 4 phones has their own individual extensions. We also discovered last night that two other extensions in the group were forwarding to other extensions which could also cause problems with the hunt group behavior so we disabled the forwarding.

Matt

8.0.3.22900-5

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since you are able to directly call the number in hunt group,directory number is fine.

Can you check what is the RNA Reservatin Time out in the line group of the hunt group that you have configured.

usally the call will be disconnected after 40 sec.if you are using RNA timeout more than 13 sec,fourth member  will not work.

Becaz, for one number 13 seconds

so 3 lines * 13 sec= 39 sec

Also,which are the options you are using for hunt option in the  line group for no answer,busy and not available.

Regards,

Guru

Hi.

On the phone configuration page of non working phone, try to unselect "Logged Into Hunt Group", reset the phone than select again that option and apply config.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

i was having this same exact problem up until I came accross your post. i had a customer that configured a new phone and was experiecing this same issue when they placed the phone into a line group.

following your advice I was able to get it to work by checking the  "Logged into Hunt Group" feature.

Thanks much,

Surendra

Hi Surendra.
Glad that helped.
Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Thank you

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I've tried unchecking the "logged into hunt group" box, applied the change, then checked the box again and applied the change again. I will post again when I hear back from the end users.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks for the help! I was having the same problem however, my solution was to check the box "Logged into Hunt Group".  I reset the CSF Jabber device and BOOM.. it works now. Thanks!

Thanks Carlo, it solved my hunting issue too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: