cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extention Mobility on CME

rufusleonard
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone advise me how to troubleshoot EM. I have set EM up on my CME router and configured the user and logout profiles and assigned the profile to the phone. I can log in to EM on the phone, but none of the config appears on the phone e.g. the dn assigned in the login profile. Are there any debug commands to view the process to see what is happening. I have used the debug ip http authentication and can see the authentication process but cannot see how the rest of the profile gets loaded or not in this case

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

When a phone is in the login mode, it uses a particular user device profile. When a phone is in the logout mode, it uses the default device profile. If both profiles are configured with the same directory number, the user device profile takes precedence over the default device profile when the directory number is dialed.

Configuring Extension Mobility on CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

tafari.lima
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

To get this complete you need to configure three points:

the logout profile

voice logout-profile 1

the user profile

voice user-profile 3

user cisco password 12345

number 1234 type normal

and the ephone-dn for the user:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

session-server 1

number 1234

label Cisco Test

name Cisco Test

Finally you need to configure the Ephone and to enable EM you need to set the log out profile:

ephone 1

description Cisco EM Phone

mac-address AAAA.BBBB.CCCC

ephone-template 1

type CIPC

keep-conference endcall

logout-profile 1

When the user log in EM, CME will get all the informations from the Ephone-dn with the same Extension that you set in the user profile.

Hope this help!! :)

Regards

Tafari Lima

Thanks - got my head around it finally

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: