Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

External busy trigger to reroute to another call?

Im not sure if this is possible.

Customer wants to dial a 4 digit number, which then translates to 915551212.   Apparently this 915551212 number can get go to a busy no answer tone from time to time.  They want it to then roll to another number say 94085551212.

I tired to use a CTI fill in the destinations, it will not work. (not really whats its for anyways)

I dont think a fake phone will work either because the only way a busy trigger can happen is if the phone is actually set to 1 call, and is used, then goes to the next rule in the destination list.

Route Pattern, to Route List, Route Group is really only for if a gatway fails to go to the next list.

Any other alternatives to configure this?  Im out of possibilities other than maybe something with Unity like a supervised call, but not sure that will even work.

Cheers

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: External busy trigger to reroute to another call?

Hi there,

If it is a PRI you might be able to do something like this:

go to service parameters and set both "stop routing on unallocated" and "'stop routing on busy" to false

Do a normal translation on the 4 digit to 915551212

build a second RG in you RL, include the same gateway and mask the called number on that RG with the second number (94085551212)

I can't guarantee anything but I don't see why it wouldn't work - on a PRI.  If it is an FXO the CCM has no way of knowing it is receiving busy.

HTH,

Art

Views
Helpful
Replies