Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

External DID not showing

I'm having an issue where all the outbound calls are showing the Main number.  I want to be able to show the DID of the user who called instead of the main number.  I contacted our provider and updated the Pri screening table so all numbers will go out over Caller ID.  They have completed the order.  But I'm still having the same issue.

Under the "Translation Pattern" and "Calling Party Transformations", I have the box checked that says "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"

What else I could be missing?  Debug shows the calling party number but on the called phone only main number is showing up.

Jan 27 06:29:26.103: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0119

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Display i = 'Test Phone'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, 'XXXXXX8951'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, 'XXXXXX0392'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Jan 27 06:29:26.327: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x8119

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Jan 27 06:29:26.927: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x8119

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

6 REPLIES

External DID not showing

Hi Mohammad,

if you are sending out correct calling number to provider but still on the called phone it is not showing correct DID, then it could be issue at provider end.

// Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

External DID not showing

I just reached back out to our telco as they told me that they have updated their side and all DID's should be showing up now.

Any place you can suggest I can look if my config is right or do you think my config looks right? 

External DID not showing

The calling number mask can be applied in Translation Pattern, Route Pattern & Route List, but it seems your config looks good as you sending out the correct DID as calling number.

You can send this debug isdn q931 message to Telco and tell them you are sending out the right number.

Silver

External DID not showing

When "deb isdn q931" shows correct called and calling party, then your provider does something wrong, or the format from the calling party is not what they want.

For example, sometimes provider wants to have the last part of the DID range (last 3 or 4 digits)

Some providers want to have the full did number

When using SIP trunks, the providers want to have the full E164 number

discuss with provider

Jan

External DID not showing

Just to update everyone on this.  Telco asked me to make the following changes as they need to see that coming from our equipment on the PRI:

Calling Party Numbering Plan: ISDN/E164

Calling Party Numbering Type: National

For some reason some outbound calls started to give me busy signal but it stabalized after like 10 min or so. 

External DID not showing

Thanks for the update Mohammad. Glad to know the issue is fixed now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content