Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number Mask issue in CUCM 8.6

eduard.schumann
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with External Phone Number Masks in CUCM 8.6

Until recently our DID ranges were all in the 301-713-nnnn range.  Using the EPNM worked successfully providing CallerID.    We have now added some DIDs with the prefix 301-427.

I have set the Route List Detail Configuration to:

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask*  Off

Calling Party Transform Mask   3014279999

However, when I run debug isdn q931 on the gateway the Calling Party Number = '3017139999'.

It appears that the mask 3014279999 is being changed to 3017139999 by Call Manager,  but I do not know where this is happening.   

I do not have any translation  or transformations set.

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked your RP and the GW?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The  RP does not  have a Calling Party Transform Mask set, and the GW does not have a Caller ID DN

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you added new E1 for new DID numbers in voice router ? and how gateway has added to CUCM, is it H323 ot MGCP ?

Suresh

The DIDs were added to our existing PRI circuits.  The GW is MGCP

in that particular Route List, is there any other Route Group other than 'NESDIS_CO_LD_RG'?

if so, please check the other group configuration too?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

That is the only RG on the RL

ok, then you may run the DNA & verify the matching translation patterns & route patterns once again. if you couldn't find anything wrong with that, please collect the ccm traces.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Can you put 301XXXXXXX under Caller ID DN under "Call Routing Information- Outbound calls" of E1 port in CUCM and click apply config and reset it and then test.

Suresh

alok tomar
Level 1
Level 1

make sure you had made changes to the route list that has the same gateway  currently  inn use ... if everything is fine then just reset Route pattern .... it will work fine .....

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Dialed Number Analyzer is your friend.

eduard.schumann
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all.  I resolved the issue through further testing.   I had cleared the Caller ID on the Gateway endpoints,  but had not reset the Gateway properly for the change to take effect.  

Once I reset the GW with a blank Caller ID, the setting on the Rout List took precedence.

can you explain a bit ... as i know on gateway there is option to allow or disable caller id .. we can not manipulate caller id .... 

Here is my understanding of the Caller ID.  You can set or change the ID in 4 places:

1.  The DN - set the External Phone Number Mask on the DN on the phone device e.g. if the DN is 1234 and the EPNM is 301713XXXX , the caller ID becomes 3017131234

2. The Route Pattern - you can check the box to use the EPNM set in 1 or leave unchecked and set a mask here in the same way as 1.   A mask set here will overwrite the mask in 1. In my case I want to use the EPNM and I have the option unchecked and no transformation

3. The Route List (Route List Detail) - you can set Use Calling Party's EPNM to ON or OFF or Default.  ON means use the DNs EPNM.  If set to OFF you can set a mask here and this will overwrite the mask in 1. and 2.   I my case I have this set ON to use the DNs EPNM

4. On the Gateway - on the endpoints you can set Caller ID DN in Call Routing Outbound Calls.  This setting overwrites the masks from 1., 2. and 3.   You need to reset the gateway (not just the endpoints) for changes to take effect.   In my case this is blank.  It did have a value of 301713XXXX.  When I removed this I failed to reset the gateway to the setting was still active causing my issue

Nice summation (+5) !!!

Suresh