cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External phone number mask ?

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario: We utilize Jabber and we have someone who works for us and has their own business. They would like to have our Jabber extension show his business number for the External phone number mask. His business  number has no relationship to us at all.

Question: Are their legal rules about what caller id number we send out if the number does not belong to us?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Technically, you can do it via the External Phone Number Mask, as you mentioned.
But legally, it is not legal to go out with a DID that you don't own. In my country for example, and I'm guessing that in others too, if and when I try to go with calling ID that I don't own they override it to the leading DID number of the PRI/SIP. BUT, when we want to do it anyway, we ask the ITSP that will allow us to use some different DIDs that aren't part of our range of DIDs. Mostly, the client that own the PRI/SIP when he asks that, he is being asked to sign some documents that he won't use this for any reason of harm.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Technically, you can do it via the External Phone Number Mask, as you mentioned.
But legally, it is not legal to go out with a DID that you don't own. In my country for example, and I'm guessing that in others too, if and when I try to go with calling ID that I don't own they override it to the leading DID number of the PRI/SIP. BUT, when we want to do it anyway, we ask the ITSP that will allow us to use some different DIDs that aren't part of our range of DIDs. Mostly, the client that own the PRI/SIP when he asks that, he is being asked to sign some documents that he won't use this for any reason of harm.