cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Ringer needs to ring when blast group is called

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Calls come into the sytem and ring a blast group of 5 phone, I need the external ringer to ring at the same time.

I cannot use a shared line for this solution.

Bogen said that I need to provide them contact closure to accomplish this with the Bogen equipment currently installed.

How can I provide contact closure from an FXS or FXO port, I have both available.

Paging is currently working through an FXS port

Bogen Equipment

TPU-15A

UTI1

Thanks,

Mario

1 Reply 1

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I am surprised they didn't recommend a TAMB.  It can be set to create a contact closure when fxs port ring signal hits it: www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/telephonepagepdfs/TAMBs.pdf  It is normally used to take FXS/FXO port from the PBX and convert to page output, but a side effect is that it does a contact closure to mute music that might normally play through overhead speakers.  If you use it with and FXS port it doesn;t even need a power supply.

Can the blast group include an FXS port?  If so, this could work: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pdf/pa-2a(sm).pdf

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: