Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External vs Internal Ring Tones

Back in the 3.3.x days, I recall an Enterprise Parameter that caused all phones to ring double [two short rings] for outside calls, and single [one longer ring] for inside calls. The default was for all calls to ring the same. Now - on a recently-installed 4.2.3 system the default is evidently changed to ring differently. I need to change this so that all calls ring the same, but cannot find the setting anywhere under Enterprise Parameters [including ?Advanced?] or Service Parameters. Anybody know where this went?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: External vs Internal Ring Tones

You can find this setting under the gateway configuration (this is for 4.1(2), but I think for 4.2(3) it remains the same).

The field is Gateway Configuration Call Classification Settings at the ccm, it can be "OnNet" (inside calls), "OffNet" (outside calls) or "Use system default". You can find this field at "Configuring Transfer Capabilities Using Gateway Configuration" at the next url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb17.html

Regards

Hope this helps, if so pls rate the post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content