I can try, its strange as this is a second site in the same company all running the same versions of cme and firmware , but it has this problem on my 2851 :(.
I have 8004000 will that work ?
Yes it's strange. I don't have 4.2 installations so I can't tell, but it's worth to try newer FW. The best thing is you do a factory reset (hold # when turning on pone, wait for led to flash in pattern, then press 123456789*0# and it will load term40.default.loads.
I have this issue on 2 sites that are brand new installations of 4CME 4.1 running on both IOS version 12.4(15)T and 12.4(15)T1 and both netowrks are running on the latest FW versions.
only happens when calling between IP handsets on the same CCME.
It seems to be picking up parts of a certain users Name or Description field and filling to the max amount of characters available on the display.
Im seeing this on IP Phone types 7970, 7971, 7960 +7914, 7941 and 7940
I hav two site with 12.4(15)t and it only effects one site, I cant downgrade due to a bug fix in this version I need to handle SIP calls correctly.
I never had any issues when i used the XJ4 version, but due to clients wishes not to be on interim IOS releases, im forced to use the 12.4(15)T versions.
I have only noticed it since moving to the T strain
XJ is not an interim release. Both XJ and T train have ED (early deployment) status, check the download page. The difference is that XJ4 being the fourth maintenance release has more bug fixes that T1 that is only the first. In fact, specailized CME releases like XJ4 or XC6, are a more conservative choice than 12.4(15) T
To add confirmation to this problem, I installed CME4.1 using 12.4(15)T on a 2821 and all seemed to be fine. Then extra characters started to appear in the called name display.
I checked the IOS and upgraded to 12.4(15)T1 and all is fine.