Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FAC configuration

Hey team,

I have been configuring a CUCM 8.6 in a customer.

All features are working properly, but I would like to configure the FAC for each user use a private password.

So, FAC is configured in the "route pattern" and all user will use the same password.. How can I configure a private password by user?

thanks.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

FAC configuration

When you configure FAC you give it an authorization level, then by having adequate minimum level set on the route pattern you can either make the call or not.

If all users need the same level, then that kind of defeats the purpose of FAC.  What exactly are you looking for to do?

Chris

FAC configuration

Hi JEan,

as Chris said, you configure the FAC with individual user name and password and assign the same or greater value of  FAC level which you configured for the route pattern.

so each users will be having private password to access the respective route pattern.

hope above will clear your query.

Regard,

Shalid K.C

VIP Purple

FAC configuration

Hi Jean,

I agree with Chris .Authorisation Code itself is like a private password which is unique to each user.

Please find the link for configuring FAC.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/4113-102-2-11871/Forced_Code_authorization-pdf.pdf

regds,

aman

Silver

FAC configuration

FAC is not designed to be private, it is used to allow users to access a route. If you know the FAC then you gain access, there is only 255 FAC codes - I use the work code however in reality is it a level. If you have the right level you can make calls. However if you want to identify users then you could combine it with a CMC which can be unique as you can deploy 1000`s of them.

FAC example ToD - block all calls after 18:00, by use of a FAC "code", person who stays late can access the route patterns

Views
Helpful
Replies