Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FAC in CUCM 7.x

Hi All,

I'm a newbie in CUCM adminstration. Was searching on implementing FAC but Cisco docs not much making any sense.

Can someone guide me how to do this? I basically need 1x IP phone to be able to dial IDD and put FAC on it (if I make sense). The rest of the IP phones from a device pool can just dial out internal and local.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

FAC in CUCM 7.x

you go and create for that one phone a FAC_CSS and FAC_PT. Assign the FAC_CSS to that phone or device profile.

Under call routing --> route pattern you create a route pattern and check the box need FAC and enter the level you have chosen.

Under FAC you create the user with the PIN he needs to use and assign the same level to that FAC.

Voice CCIE #37771
Cisco Employee

Re:FAC in CUCM 7.x

So basically you want one user who can dial international numbers and while dialing he should enter an authorization code. . Right? ?

To achieve this you can create a route pattern and enable fac on it. . Configure fac code and share with the user. . This route pattern should be accessible by phone css of this user. . Other users should not have this route pattern access. .

Hope this answers your query. .

Regards
Nadeem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Cisco Employee

FAC in CUCM 7.x

In addition to what Hermanus has said [+5] you can check the following link with screenshots for FAC configuration ( although the screenshots are for cucm 4.x but it does not matter )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

Also, do not forget to assign the FAC_PT as suggested by Hermanus to the FAC enabled Route pattern. if only one user needs to have access to this Route pattern then do not assign this partition to any other CSS and also do not assign FAC_CSS to any other phone.

HTH

Manish

6 REPLIES

FAC in CUCM 7.x

you go and create for that one phone a FAC_CSS and FAC_PT. Assign the FAC_CSS to that phone or device profile.

Under call routing --> route pattern you create a route pattern and check the box need FAC and enter the level you have chosen.

Under FAC you create the user with the PIN he needs to use and assign the same level to that FAC.

Voice CCIE #37771
Cisco Employee

Re:FAC in CUCM 7.x

So basically you want one user who can dial international numbers and while dialing he should enter an authorization code. . Right? ?

To achieve this you can create a route pattern and enable fac on it. . Configure fac code and share with the user. . This route pattern should be accessible by phone css of this user. . Other users should not have this route pattern access. .

Hope this answers your query. .

Regards
Nadeem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Cisco Employee

FAC in CUCM 7.x

In addition to what Hermanus has said [+5] you can check the following link with screenshots for FAC configuration ( although the screenshots are for cucm 4.x but it does not matter )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

Also, do not forget to assign the FAC_PT as suggested by Hermanus to the FAC enabled Route pattern. if only one user needs to have access to this Route pattern then do not assign this partition to any other CSS and also do not assign FAC_CSS to any other phone.

HTH

Manish

FAC in CUCM 7.x

hi guys,

thanks for everyone's input! that made my admin life easier. +5 to all

did above steps and hope user is ok.

one last thing, so when user (manager) picks up the ip phone, when does he input the FAC?

any special string to dial first? please advise.

Cisco Employee

FAC in CUCM 7.x

Hi John,

Good to know that it helped. Regarding your question, the manager needs to dial the external number normally so that it hits the FAC enabled route pattern, once he has dialed the number he will get a FAC tone after which he needs to dial the 'Authorization Code' which you have configured and then the call will go through, so basically its a two stage dialing, you first dial the main number and then the Authorization code after the fac tone.

HTH

Manish

FAC in CUCM 7.x

manish,

noted with thanks!

you might see me frequently in IPT forum

Views
Helpful
Replies