cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC or CMC for dialing mobile numbers

johntim20
Level 1
Level 1

I am bit worried about FAC and CMC which is the best for the phone password when a users is not at his desk some other users should not use his/her phone for dialing national or mobile numbers .i have around 600 users out of that 250 is having national and mobile dialing privileges but if i create a partition_FAC,CSS_FAC and FAC. it will be utilize for all the 250 users with same password or i have to create 250 FAC seperate for all the users to have different passwords please give me a solution with regards to my situation.and also i have created one CMC when i enable on the route pattern it is asking to enale FAC also ?what does it mean to use CMC i need to enable FAC?

My deployment is CUCM ver7.1.5 ,H.323 Gateway,Sip Trunks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to create 250 CMCs, and only enable it on RPs.

PLEASE read the document as all the information that answers your questions is there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They´re separate things, you can one or both enabled in RPs

FAC is mostly used when you want to provide codes per department or level of privilege, thus the config for minimum FAC level on RP.

CMCs are used per individual

Read all this material and then ask if something is not clear

Client Matter Codes and Forced Authorization Codes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply do i need to create 250 CMCs,partition,css for 250 users.and also when i have enable cmc on RP it is giving this message:"

The Authorizatioin code will not be activated press ok if you want to proceed and activate it at a later time.press cancel and check the FAC checkbox if you want to activate it now" and i neglect this and try with enabling cmc_CSS on a single phone but did not work.do i need to restart the services..the phone which i am testing is not associated with any user.

John,

From the document which was sent by Java, Please refer the Interactions and Restrictions.

I could see a it is mentioned as below

H.323 analog gateways do not support FAC or CMC because these gateways cannot play tones.

Is your route pattern pointing to H323 trunk or SIP trunk

Regards,

Senthil

It work i have copied the old css as CMC_CSS in the the selected partitions i have not selected the CMC_pt but selected the old with out cmc PT i am using SIP Trunk but one more thing i want to know is for 250 users do i need to create 250 CMCs Partition and CSS,RPatterns..

You need to create 250 CMCs, and only enable it on RPs.

PLEASE read the document as all the information that answers your questions is there

HTH

java

HTH

java