cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

factory reset 7961 phone, now blank screen.......

ALEX CULVER
Level 1
Level 1

didn't see the erase config option for the phone, to preseve the software load on this phone...did the 1234567879*0# sequence, that didn't help, then 3491672850*#, now phone tries to power up, won't load any software....and this cycles....

i've confirmed that the phone is dhcp'ing an address and attempting to load term61.default.loads, it get's the file, but then doesn't go any further....what do i need to do to complete this factory default process for this phone...

thanks, alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Well - if the phone gets the termxx.default.loads file, but doesn't request anything else, it usually means it doesn't like the way it is signed.

Have a look on your TFTP server for files name SCCP41*.loads - you will probably have several versions.

You can open the current termxx.default.loads file, and see which version is it... then try downloading one of the other SCCP41.loads files and uploading it again as the term41.default.loads file. An older firmware version is more likely to work I would say...

There's a similar problem with Cm7 at the minute - some phones shippped from Cisco recently (or bought a while ago and stored) were signed with an older cert, so won't go direct to the CM7.1 load versions.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need the phone to get a firmware load it likes - are you by any chance running CM 7.1?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

no, 6.1.4

we use sccp not sip...

-ac

Hi

Well - if the phone gets the termxx.default.loads file, but doesn't request anything else, it usually means it doesn't like the way it is signed.

Have a look on your TFTP server for files name SCCP41*.loads - you will probably have several versions.

You can open the current termxx.default.loads file, and see which version is it... then try downloading one of the other SCCP41.loads files and uploading it again as the term41.default.loads file. An older firmware version is more likely to work I would say...

There's a similar problem with Cm7 at the minute - some phones shippped from Cisco recently (or bought a while ago and stored) were signed with an older cert, so won't go direct to the CM7.1 load versions.

Regards

Aaron

spot on, backed up to 8.3.1s, got my files, rebooted at least 1 time, perhaps 2, then looked back a few minutes later, had my empty/default screen and a webpage off the device, thanks for the advice, was really starting to pull my hair out on this one.

-ac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: