Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to communicate with LDAP server

JAMES WEST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured CUCM to sync up with the customers LDAP server and using the same OU for LDAP authentication, but when you log into https://cmipaddr/ccmuser the user receives the above error message - Failed to communicate with LDAP server

Under the Users Group, Standard CCM End Users the users are there and have the correct privileges that should log them into ccmuser account.

I have attached the error messages and screen shots for the LDAP and end user pages.

Thanks,

James

4 Replies 4

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

I think you must have general LDAP authentication errors, not specific ccmuser page.

Install Click-2-call or TSP and see if these programs authenticates correctly.

JH

Hi JH,

Sorry for not getting sooner.

I have downloaded and tested the Click to Call in my test lab and it works OK against a End User login (no LDAP configured). I then tested this against our customers site with LDAP Authentication and the user credentials failed to login in Click to Call.

Is there anything else to try against the LDAP server?

Thanks,

James

Hi,

From your screen shots it seems that you don't have the same search path for Directory and Authentication.

If possible make it the same, or make the authentication path to include all, for example:  DC=xxxx,DC=com

JH

Hi,

I have attached the directory configuration we have in place -

LDAP Directory

AC_LDAP_Staff
CN=spickins,CN=users,DC=** This is the same DC for all Directories **,DC=local
OU=Staff,DC=** As above **,DC=Local

AC_LDAP_Support
OU=Support,DC=** As above **,DC=local

AC_LDAP_Techs
OU=Computer Techs,DC=** As above **,DC=Local

LDAP Authentication

CN=spickins,CN=users,DC=** This is using the same name as in the Directory DC **,DC=local
OU=Support,OU=Staff,OU=Computer Techs,DC=** Same DC as above **,DC=DC01
Server Information - 172.16.0.101

We are using 3 directories for each OU and the under the Authentication we have collated the OU's. The information is eing passed into the directories, but the authentication part does not work as l would have thought.

Can you let me know if you think the above structure for the Directories/Authentication looks OK?

Regards,

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: