Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Failed to initiate backup. Unable to access SFTP server. Please verify SFTP permissions

Dears,

I am facing the below error while taking a backup from CUCM cluster

Failed to initiate backup. Unable to access SFTP server. Please verify SFTP permissions

Also, I got the below JAVA error, and I don't if it is related to the same issue or not.

Any help ?

Regards,

Command Line Interface is starting up, please wait ...

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/log/active/platform/log/cli.bin (Read-only file system)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.restoreIndex(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:100)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.setFile(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:43)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperty(PropertySetter.java:196)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperty(PropertySetter.java:155)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.setParameter(DOMConfigurator.java:530)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:182)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.java:140)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigurator.java:153)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOMConfigurator.java:415)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseRoot(DOMConfigurator.java:384)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:783)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:666)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:616)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:584)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:687)

at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:634)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.updateIndex(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:117)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.nextFileName(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:92)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.append(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:74)

at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:221)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:57)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:187)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:372)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.info(Category.java:674)

at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:648)

log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [CLI_LOG].

Welcome to the Platform Command Line Interface

WARNING:

The /common file system is mounted read only.

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am experiencing this exact

I am experiencing this exact same issue. Did you resolve it somehow?

3 REPLIES

I am experiencing this exact

I am experiencing this exact same issue. Did you resolve it somehow?

Cisco Employee

The errors point to a read

The errors point to a read only file system, try running a repair with the recovery cd ( you can download the specific recovery iso for your cucm from cisco.co, burn it on a disk and boot from the disk ) and it should fix the issue.

HTH

Manish

Re: The errors point to a read

im suffering from the same issue , but im wondering what are the steps to repair using recovery because im using cucm on a VM , how do i do the recovery repair after i boot up from it? do i simply choose some option?

Views
Helpful
Replies