Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Failover with two CME routers and PRIs at different physical locations back-hauled over fiber

I have a situation very similar to the one described here:

http://iwouldratherwatch.blogspot.com/2008/08/redundant-cme-configuration.html

However, I have to autonomous CME systems at two separate locations each with their own PRI.  The two locations are connected via high-speed fiber.  I want each system to function independently, using their respective PRIs to make incoming and outgoing calls, except in the case of failure.  Both PRIs are from the same provider, and hosted on the same local telco switch, so if I need some cooperation from them to get this working I can do that as well.

The solution in the above link would work well, except that it prefers one router for outbound calls.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

You can modify your

You can modify your configuration to use the local gateway at each site for outbound calls..Configure each ccme to have the local phones register to it and modify your dial-peers to use the local gateway first for outbound calls and the second ccme as backup..

You will need to work with your provider to determione how calls will be routed inbound when one of the PRI fails

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

If I post my configs can you

If I post my configs can you help me with the modifications?

Would I have to add the

Would I have to add the ephone and ephone-dn for both sets of phones on both routers?  

Views
Helpful
Replies