cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 sites, HQ and 2 remote sites. CMs (v6) are deployed at HQ and SRST is deployed at the remote sites.

All PSTN links come into the HQ and calls are sent over the WAN.

if/when the WAN goes down and SRST kicks in and remote sites use local pstn link for outbound calls.

When the WAN goes down how do we get all calls destined for the remote sites (mixture of phones and route points) into the remote sites using the Backup PSTN link at the remote side?, We can't use Call forward un registered as all sites use EM

2 Replies 2

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

I am not very familiar with E&M operations, but I would assume it is not much different in call functionality as other PSTN services. When the phones are in SRST, they register to the gateway... Create a POTS dial-peer for the inbound call leg that points to the incoming port.

dial-peer voice XXXX pots

incoming called-number .... (Or number of digits expecting)

Direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

On the voice port, use the "connection plar" command to send the call to a directory number.

For this to work, incoming calls must be forwarded by the provider to this [remote] line.

CFNR- you are correct you can not use it as it is also used for when you log off a handset so calls go to VM? Potentially your calls will go PSTN an alternative though not automatic is to make use of AAR

1. Create a AAR group and Location for the remote site

2. Manually change the size to 1k when the WAN is down forcing calls in to AAR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: