Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast dial to extension

Thiago Cella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

The follow issue is happing, when I want call to a local number that the three first are the same of the internal extension, the dial goes to extension, for exmaple:

I want call to number 2123-9999 , but when I put on the phone 212 , the dial goes to extension number 212.

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, there is not as all Directory Numbers are considered Urgent Priority which means they will be routed as soon as complete match is made not waiting for additional digits.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, that is expected as DNs are always immediately matched, that is the reason you need to have off-net access code i.e. 8 or 9 defined on your system to avoid overlaps.

You either change your extensions, or follow good design and establish all external dialing to use off-net access code which does not overlap with internal extensions.

HTH,

Chris

is there way to put a timer to complete the dial?

No, there is not as all Directory Numbers are considered Urgent Priority which means they will be routed as soon as complete match is made not waiting for additional digits.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ok, tks!

I will reorganize my CME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: