Views
Helpful
Replies

fast dial

sarenos2006
Level 1
Level 1

What I want to do is :

If an IP phone dial 20 it is translated automatically to the number 667422712 who is the number of the head office of my company

I Have tried this:

ephone 1

speed-dial 20 +667433712 label headoffice

then restart

But it's not running, any ideas?

HOw can I do for speed dialing of certain numbers that are dialed a lot by the employees?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Santi,

You are on the right track here! In your example, this Speed-dial should be assigned to ephone 1 only. Did anything (like the Label) show up on the spare buttons on ephone 1 presuming there are any? If so when you tried using the button did you receive a fast busy tone? If you are trying to set this up system wide use the directory entry method rather than the ephone method, have a look;

Speed-dial definitions can be added or modified by an administrator from the Cisco CME router CLI. Local speed dial numbers on IP phones can be locked so that they cannot be changed from the phone or they can be defined as empty so that the phone user can enter a number to be dialed. Changes that are made to speed-dial button definitions are ***saved into the router nonvolatile random-access memory (NVRAM) configuration after a timer-based delay***.

A speed-dial definition consists of a unique identifier (speed-tag), a number to dial, and an optional label.*** Local speed-dial definitions are automatically assigned to any IP phone buttons that remain unused after all the assigned extensions have been associated with buttons***. Definitions are assigned in the order of their speed-dial identifier (speed-tag) numbers. Note that these identifier numbers are not related to the physical button layout of the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Note: The speed-dial command is used to enter speed-dial definitions that are local to a particular phone, and the directory entry command is used to enter systemwide speed-dial definitions. If the same identifier (tag) is used in a local definition and in a systemwide definition, the local definition takes precedence.

Restrictions

On-hook abbreviated dialing using the Abbr soft key is supported only on the following phone types:

Cisco IP Phone 7905G

Cisco IP Phone 7912G

Cisco IP Phone 7920G

Cisco IP Phone 7970G

Cisco IP Phone 7971G-GE

The following example defines two locked speed-dial numbers with labels to appear next to the speed-dial buttons on ephone 1. These speed-dial definitions are assigned to the next empty buttons after all extensions have been assigned. For instance, if two extensions are assigned on the Cisco IP Phones 7960 and 7960G, these speed-dial definitions appear on the third and fourth buttons.

ephone 1

mac-address 1234.5678.ABCD

button 1:24 2:25

speed-dial 1 +5002 label Receptionist

speed-dial 2 +5001 label Security

This example defines two systemwide speed-dial numbers with the directory entry command. One is a local extension and the other is a ten-digit telephone number.

telephony-service

directory entry 34 5003 name Accounting

directory entry 45 8185550143 name Corp Acctg

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2230559

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Rob

The error I have is that I receive a busy tone when I press 20 in the phone.

I'm using for testing it 7902 IP phones

I have tried with directory entry 20 667433712 name santi

and I have the same ( busy tone ) when I press 20

Hi Santi,

This may be a dumb question, but is the 7902 off-hook when you try this? On-hook only works for cetain phones (see previous post).

Rob

OK I will try it with other phones and will tell you the result

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: