cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAX config on 2811??

Jaswild999
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 VGW registered to CUCM 7.02, is it an H.323 gateway.  Local PSTN is coming in on a PRI circuit connected to the VIC-2TMFT-T1/E1.  One of the inbound numbers on that PRI is a fax number (5551236789) that I need to port out of the FXS card (voice-port 0/2/0) to the fax machine.  Also need to allow for outbound fax sending.

Would someone mind posting sample config that will help me understand and accomplish this?  I find plenty of examples, but don't completely understand what is pertinent for creating both inbound/outbound config.

!

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 0

codec g711ulaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

fax rate voice

!

!

voice-port 0/2/0

translation-profile incoming Fax

description Fax

!

Regards,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, your incoming dial peer should cover all incoming calls on the PRI and include the direct-inward-dial command. This will cover you for the inbound call leg. The outbound dial peer could look something like this:

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789 <-- This assumes that the provider is sending you 10 digits on the PRI.

incoming called-number . <-- This is used to match this as an incoming dial peer for outbound faxes.

voice-port 0/2/0

codec g711ulaw  <-- used for passthrough

fax rate voice <-- used for passthrough

fax protocol t38  ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco <--used for fax relay

You do not need both the passthrough or relay commands. I would recommend just using the relay command.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need any fax commands for that.

Just configure the DP with the right numbers, and that's all.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, your incoming dial peer should cover all incoming calls on the PRI and include the direct-inward-dial command. This will cover you for the inbound call leg. The outbound dial peer could look something like this:

dial-peer voice 21 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 5551236789 <-- This assumes that the provider is sending you 10 digits on the PRI.

incoming called-number . <-- This is used to match this as an incoming dial peer for outbound faxes.

voice-port 0/2/0

codec g711ulaw  <-- used for passthrough

fax rate voice <-- used for passthrough

fax protocol t38  ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco <--used for fax relay

You do not need both the passthrough or relay commands. I would recommend just using the relay command.

Thank you Jonathan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: