Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Configuration Sample

<p>HI all hope you doing well,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>SO i hav a Fax machine attached to my Cisco Router using an FXS port and my Fax line is via the FXO line</p>

<p>i have done the following configuration but it seems not working :</p>

<p>Convention ===> Port FXS 0/0/0<br />

===> Port FXO 1/1/1  <br />

<br />

dial-peer voice 1 pots<br />

destination-pattern 9.T<br />

fax rate voice</p>

<p>port 1/1/1<br />

<br />

dial-peer voice 1 pots<br />

destination-pattern 1234 <== Le numéros de ton fax<br />

port 0/0/0</p>

<p>Can anyone plz post a sample configuration !!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, no additional configuration is needed. In fact, you don't even need "fax rate voice".

Hi,

If you're doing simple pots-to-pots you should have much of a problem.  Take fax rate voice off, as it's unnecessary for your configuration.  Othen that, this could be a working configuration.

Make sure your voice card doesn't have 'no local-bypass' under voice-card 0.  (local bypass is on by default).

From here you probably just have a simple dial peer problem.  Do a 'debug voip ccapi inout' and see what the incoming called number is for incoming faxes, and change your destination pattern.  For outgoing calls, use a plain analog phone and determine exactly which digits you need to use (with or without a 1, any access codes, 7/10 digit dialing, etc).

What exactly is the problem you have?

hth,

nick

Hi Nick thanks for your reply, he porblem is that even without the fax rate voice DISABLED it doesn't work i can receive a Fax call.

If you plug an analog phone into the port instead of a fax machine does it ring?  This probably not a problem specific to faxing.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: